Wednesday 2 December 2009

Questionnaire and Results

Task seven, eight and nine

Q1.





When surveying 20 people for my questionnaire, I realised that the number of females surveyed was much more than the number of males, meaning that my results may be biased towards women.















Q2.




I have covered the full area of my target range and also collected data off people younger and older than my intended target audience, meaning that the results collected will be suitable to use in order to make my magazine appealing to its target audience. However the data shows that the majority of the people surveyed are between the ages of 17–20 years old, meaning that the results will be favoured by the lower end of my target age range.






Q3.

When 20 people were asked to list their three favourite colours, I was given a wide range of answers which showed me which colours are most popular within the age ranges asked. However I must take into account that the data collected is mainly from women and 17-20 year olds, which may have affected the results.









Q4.




Through collecting the results from my questionnaire, I have found that the majority of people surveyed think that the colours white, black and red stand out most on a magazine front cover, even though white and red were not the most favoured colours chosen in general. Originally I was not going to use white and red on my front cover, however after collecting this data it shows that it will be best if I use the colours black, white and red, as this will make my magazine stand out and draw audience to it, meaning that there will be more of a chance of them picking it up and buying it.









Q5.






From looking at the results collected for this question, it shows me that the majority of favourite artists chosen were American soloists, meaning that it would be more suitable for me to include a cover line about an American solo artist. This way the magazine is more likely to attract the audience, making them want to read the articles and so buy the magazine.







Q6.

When asked what is the first thing people look at on a contents page, I received a variety of suitable answer which will be useful to me with my work, as I can then include these topics on my contents page to make it appealing to the readers.
It shows that the majority of the people surveyed look for images on a contents page, meaning that although my original idea was to use few pictures on the page, I will now have to either include a wider variety of images or use few photographs with creative photographic skills to attract readers.






Q7.







The results from this question have given me guidance when designing my front cover, as I now know what makes an eye catching magazine front cover. In order to attract my target audience I will use striking images and bold colours, as well as including well known artists to make my magazine appealing; however I must be careful when deciding which colours to use, as the data was collected from mainly women.








Q8.




The results from this question show me that in order to make my magazine front cover stand out and attract its target audience, I should use a short and catchy title which is relevant to the genre of magazine and easy to remember.






Q9.

When recording the results from my survey, I found that the majority of people who read magazines bought monthly issues. This meant that if I am to produce a successful magazine then I should make it a monthly issue, as this will be more suitable to the needs of my target audience, which will make them more interested in buying my magazine.








Q10.



Initially I decided to produce a magazine which is to be sold monthly, however I decided to make a questionnaire before my ideas were final. From doing a questionnaire I have found that people are willing to pay a lot more for a magazine sold monthly rather than weekly, meaning that in order to get the best sales possible I should make my magazine frequency monthly.








Q11.

The results show me that most of the people surveyed have already read at least one music magazine, meaning that although not all of the results collected from each of the questions will be as suitable, the results collected from people who do read music magazines, will help me to create a quality product that can be sold alongside existing magazines.




From looking at the results collected, they show me that most of the people surveyed have not read many RnB magazines, however the ones that have are American which has persuaded me to maybe include American artists on my cover; I also decided this after looking at the results from question 5, as most of the people surveyed preferred American artists.






Q12.


The results from this question will help me to decide what contents to include in my magazine. If I am to use these results I must make sure that I include interesting images and interviews, as people will be more likely to buy the magazine if the content appeals to them.






Q13. List three words which you associate with the RnB genre



The results from this question will help me when coming up with a title and contents for my magazine, which appeals to RnB music fans. It is important for me to come up with a catchy title and contents which attract the magazines target audience, as this will help me to produce a successful product.

















Q14.


These results will help me when deciding what front cover main image I am going to use, in order to make my magazine stand out. Initially I was going to use a group as my main image, however after recording these results I have found that a magazine front cover would look more striking with a solo artist on it.







Q15.





The data shows that the majority of people questioned look forward to reading interviews and news about existing artists; this means that although the rest of the data has given me ideas about what content to include, I should definitely include reviews and artist news to attract the magazines target audience.





Q16.

Initially I thought of using a puff on my front cover in order to attract more consumers, however only 55% of the people surveyed said that the use of free gifts persuades them to buy a magazine. Although the use of free gifts does not have a significant impact on magazine sales, it would still be useful for me to include one anyway to capture people’s attention, and make them want to buy the magazine.






Q17.


My first thoughts were to produce a magazine which is to be sold monthly, however I decided to collect data surrounding the issue of magazine frequency so that I could base my ideas around the thoughts of other people. After looking at the results collected, I found that a magazine which is sold monthly is by far the most preferred issue frequency, which is why I have decided to make my magazine a monthly product.


No comments:

Post a Comment